JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Processor
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Manager
- All other A/P Department members
- Store managers and/or Store Textbook Managers-
- Vendor Relations Representatives and Supervisors
- Freight Analyst
- Merchandise Payables Director
The Accounts Payable Processor will assist in the operations of Accounts Payable by processing all accounts payable documents: invoices, returns, charge backs, adjustments, royalty, buyback, pro-formas, unmatched and rejects. This person will research and analyze profomas and communicate with the stores and Vendor Relations in the processing of them. To research and resolve unmatched receiving by contacting the stores, analyze the HO Matching System and maintain procedures. Communicate with the field to resolve problems with A/P paperwork, for incomplete and incorrect documents sent to A/P. Assist the department in the posting of A/P documents; TA2, LAN,Intrepid and CORE. Assist the Manager with special A/P projects, i.e. accruals, A/P research and reports. To assist stores in placing merchandise orders for approved proforma vendors. To deal directly with store personnel with questions, problems, limit increases and declines and all aspects of the use of the company credit card. Fully understand APEX and assist in communicating and reducing duplicate invoice processing and payments. Process the weekly Freight Billing Exceptions files.
- Handle daily requests from stores for increases, declines, new cards and cancellations as it relates to the P-Card
- Partner with Junior Analyst in administration duties of the P-Card program
- Research and resolve unmatched receivings on a weekly basis
- Analyze system and store receiving and perform HO Matching
- Resolve assigned debit balance accounts
- Research and process Proforma check requests from stores
- Process all types of data entry as needed
- Assist in the efficient operation of the AP Department
- Assist in reducing duplicate invoice processing and payments
- Process weekly freight exception files
- Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Adhere to company customer service procedure.
- Complies at all times with the Standards, policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
- Some related College courses
- Three to four years related experience
- Moderate tact and cooperation required; communication may involve answering simple questions and is largely handled in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Often required to assist co-workers and other departments with various work. Requires considerable flexibility and ability to adjust to different types of work and work environments.
- MicroSoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access- intermediate skill level
- Problem solving ability
- Detail oriented
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on several tasks simultaneously
- Mathematical ability; figure aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Ability to compose written correspondence
- Ability to work under pressure
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Standard Accounting Procedures
Analyze Expense Report
Enter Approve Invoice