I. General Description
The primary purpose of this hourly position is to assist in planning, organizing, developing and implementing the business office/human resources departments in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Business Office Manager and/or Administrator.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
II. Essential Functions
· Must have a sound understanding of the Medicare, Managed Care, and Medicaid payment systems as well as Private Pay resident classification. Maintain an awareness of the financial status of the residents within the facility and track their payor source. Process facility bed-hold letters per facility policy as needed.
· Maintain responsibility for and accounting of the resident trust account. Dispense cash as requested to residents/families based on current facility policy. Process resident trust recovery paperwork for ODJFS.
· Complete needed department paperwork such as Medicaid re-applications as needed, processing of 9401 paperwork for Medicaid, assist families with Medicaid applications, complete Representative Payee forms/reports as needed, etc, according to state and federal regulations.
· Gather incoming checks for facility photocopy all deposits and make deposits at the facility’s financial institution per company policy.
· Meet with new resident/responsible party to review/sign new admission paperwork.
III. Non Essential Functions
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship with department personnel and personnel in other departments.
· Participate in problem-solving which impacts resident and family satisfaction.
· Serve on committees as requested,
· Participate in facility surveys as necessary.
· All other duties as assigned.
Will answer directly to the Administrator, with a dual reporting relationship with the Corporate Billing Supervisor for the facility for all business-related functions. Needs to maintain communication with all departments.
· Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
· Must have personal integrity, flexibility and the ability to work effectively with residents, family, personnel and support service agencies and be able to evaluate and implement new approaches to deliver services to the above.
· Must be well groomed and professionally dressed.
· There are no specific physical abilities necessary in the performance of this position, however the skilled nursing manager must be able to get around the facility to observe and work with clients.