To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Creative Financial Staffing • Washington, DC
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading International Nonprofit organization and they're looking to hire a Senior Accountant. This person will handle accrual based accounting, month end close, and account reconciliations.
This is a mission driven organization with an International presence and they have very low turnover. They have great benefits including competitive medical insurance, metro/parking assistance, 9% company match, and four weeks vacation to start! This is a new position due to company growth and will have a lot of responsibility with the general ledger.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- General ledger accounting with accrual based accounting.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Handle account reconciliations for assets and liabilities.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Perform various analysis including pulling queries and analytics.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with tax filing, form 990.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- 2 years experience with a Senior Accountant title
- At least 3 years experience with accrual based accounting and account reconciliations
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with a large accounting software/system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please submit resume for consideration
Keywords: accounting, accountant, senior accountant, operations, finance, financial analysis