Hanover Foods Corporation located in Hanover PA is currently seeking a Forklift Operator position on first shift in our Frozen Warehouse. This position is primarily responsible for performing warehousing, shipping, and repacking support functions throughout the Frozen Repackaging plant as staffing needs require.
- Performs routine warehouse duties such as but not limited to cycle counts, location changes, spill reports and housekeeping functions, as directed by the Freezer Warehouse Supervisor or Lead person.
- Helps load and unload trucks and does the necessary paperwork in a timely and detailed manner as outlined in the procedure’s manual.
- Checks and confirms that the wheels are chocked in the trailers being loaded. Trailers need to be locked out prior to entering.
- Drives a forklift to transport cases from the warehouse dock for subsequent trailer loading.
- Checks merchandise being received with bill of lading to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures that the loading and unloading is done properly to avoid trailer damage.
- Operates a lift truck to transfer loaded pallets to and from the Frozen Storage area, production lines, railcars, and trucks.
- When providing repackaging support, assures proper checks and pick list procedures are being utilized.
- Checks and maintains daily forklift batteries (following outlined procedures).
- Adheres to all common safety practices and procedures including the wearing of protective equipment and clothing as required.
- Adheres to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) as outlined in the Employee Handbook and as per management’s directives.
- Adheres to the Company’s plant hygiene regulations to ensure high product integrity.
- Reports any mechanical of safety problems to the Supervisor or Lead immediately.
- Ensures work area is kept clean and orderly in accordance with good housekeeping practices.
- Responsible for following food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMP’s, safety, product quality, food security, plant security, etc.
- All required PPE’s such as hair/beard nets, hearing protection, freezer suits, gloves, hats, etc. must be worn. Must wear reflective vests when loading and unloading.
· Basic math skills
· Ability to record data onto a spreadsheet
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in all environments
· Must be able to work overtime as required
· Ability to communicate with management and co-workers
· Must maintain a good attendance record
· The ability to safely operate a sit down and stand up powered industrial forklift
Hanover foods corporation offers a competitive rate of pay and comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental prescription drug and retirement plan.
Why choose Hanover foods? since 1924, Hanover Foods Corporation has grown from a small seasonal canning operation into one of the largest privately owned food manufacturers in the United States. The major factor in its growth has been our people; the leadership judgment and foresight combined with the skills and talent of our employees whose offers have been crucial to the success of Hanover Foods. our future is one of great potential and continued success. we are constantly looking for talented creative people to carry on the standard of excellence and quality that has represented Hanover foods since 1924. Join our team!
Hanover Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Food Safety
- Forklift Truck
- Good Manufacturing Practices