Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) has 15 office locations throughout the mid-Atlantic region and Carolinas. We focus on geotechnical and environmental consulting, construction observation and testing, and groundwater and natural resource services. We are currently seeking a Soil Scientist for our Quakertown, PA office with 1-8 years of experience. Duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, assisting or performing in the following:
- Soil testing for stormwater management facilities and on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems
- logging test pits, soil borings, infiltration testing
- preparation of soils maps, logs, and plans
- wetlands delineations & permitting
- wetlands mitigation
- report preparation, permit applications and wetlands creation plans.
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Salary and Paid Time Off
- Yearly bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company picnics and events and a great working environment!
- Bachelor’s degree in Soils or Geology from an accredited institution.
- Pensylvania Association of Professional Soil Scientists (PAPSS), Certified Professional Soil Scientist (SSSA), Sewage Enforcement Officer (SEO), Professional Wetland Scientist (SWS) licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within 1 year preferred.1
- 1-8 years of experience with test pit excavation, infiltration testing, wetland delineation.
- Poficiency with the USDA Soil Classifications System and familiarity with the Unified Soil Classification System.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wetland delineation manual and regional supplements.
- Familiarity with State (DE, MD, NJ, and PA) wetland permitting.
- Familiarity with plant identification techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should be a critical thinker, be willing to learn through trial and error, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort towards the task at hand.
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow and advance as a Soil/Wetland Scientist
- GIS or other applications.
YOUR FUTURE AT GTA AWAITS!! Our greatest asset is our people. This includes people like you! We are actively seeking motivated individuals to work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. Our talented team enjoys numerous opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Infiltration (Of Water)