Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) has 15 office locations throughout the mid-Atlantic region and Carolinas. We focus on geotechnical and environmental consulting, construction observation and testing, and groundwater and natural resource services. We are currently seeking a Soil Scientist for our Quakertown, PA office with 1-8 years of experience. Duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, assisting or performing in the following:
- Soil testing for stormwater management facilities and on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems
- logging test pits, soil borings, infiltration testing
- preparation of soils maps, logs, and plans
- wetlands delineations & permitting
- wetlands mitigation
- report preparation, permit applications and wetlands creation plans.
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Salary and Paid Time Off
- Yearly bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company picnics and events and a great working environment!
- Bachelor’s degree in Soils or Geology from an accredited institution.
- Pensylvania Association of Professional Soil Scientists (PAPSS), Certified Professional Soil Scientist (SSSA), Sewage Enforcement Officer (SEO), Professional Wetland Scientist (SWS) licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within 1 year preferred.1
- 1-8 years of experience with test pit excavation, infiltration testing, wetland delineation.
- Poficiency with the USDA Soil Classifications System and familiarity with the Unified Soil Classification System.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wetland delineation manual and regional supplements.
- Familiarity with State (DE, MD, NJ, and PA) wetland permitting.
- Familiarity with plant identification techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should be a critical thinker, be willing to learn through trial and error, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort towards the task at hand.
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow and advance as a Soil/Wetland Scientist
- GIS or other applications.
YOUR FUTURE AT GTA AWAITS!! Our greatest asset is our people. This includes people like you! We are actively seeking motivated individuals to work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. Our talented team enjoys numerous opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Infiltration (Of Water)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
GTA has been in business since 1985 and provides geotechnical engineering, geoscience, environmental, and natural resources consulting, groundwater resource development, and materials testing engineering. GTA presently employs over 300 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel in Abingdon, Laurel, Baltimore, Frederick, & Waldorf, MD; New Castle & Georgetown, DE; Quakertown & York, PA; Somerset and Little Ferry, NJ; Sterling, VA; Charlotte & Raleigh, NC; and Malvern, OH. If you are looking for a company with excellent growth and advancement opportunities, training and development, tuition reimbursement, an upbeat work environment with exceptional people who are MORE than just coworkers - you need to check us out (and then apply)!!
View the full profile