Title: Software Engineer
Location: St Charle, MO
Duration: 12 Months
Active Secret Clearance is required to start.
This position is 100% on-site in St. Charles, MO.
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
Seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop, integrate, test, and deliver complex software solutions. The engineer will work with a multi-discipline engineering team to design, develop, and deploy operational flight software on precision guided munition weapon systems. The engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle to implement real-time embedded software applications for guidance, navigation, and mission management.
• Collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team to create and implement Operational Flight Program software solutions.
• Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle in an Agile development environment.
• Develop solutions using Ada, C#, and Python.
• Test your software and assist system level testing to verify correct software functionality.
problem reports and troubleshooting software defects.
• Develop leadership skills and experience.
• Opportunity to work directly with United States Air Force and Navy customers.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance pre-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
• Bachelor’s degree and 7 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 or more years of experience in developing software using Object Oriented principles.
• 2 or more years of experience working in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Experience with Ada, Python, or C#.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
• Experience with Git or a similar version control system.
• Experience developing and tracing software requirements.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+5 years' related work experience).
Senior Technical Recruiter
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer
- Develop software applications using C, ASP
- Communicate software defects to software development teams
- Improving software and code design
- Use software development tools to maintain software configuration control
- Perform testing on new software development projects and legacy software platform products
- Perform software testing on both existing software and new features
- Build new software and improve existing software
- Define the control system software requirements, software specification and software structure
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Integrate software components with the larger software system
- Participate in software/hardware testing
- Build automated software test frameworks for applications
- Improve software development and test processes
- Lead a propulsion application software development project
- Execute functional test scripts for custom-developed software applications
- Maintain application and system software documentation
- Perform development of complex software applications
- Assist associate software test engineers
- Manage embedded software designs projects
- Manage embedded software design projects
- Object Oriented Principles