Position Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Denver, Co
Duration: 6 Month
This project manager is accountable for leading projects and work effort delivery including on time, on budget and on scope performance delivery. Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of multiple, cross-functional projects. Responsible to plan, manage, coordinate, implement and deliver project solutions that meet business requirements.
Project Planning: Support the project planning effort, including the definition of the deliverables and the required delivery dates, creation of a logical work breakdown structure, definition of major project milestones, accumulation of all project cost and benefit estimates. Assists with validating existing processes, policies and procedures are validated and followed. Continually identifies opportunities for innovation and improvement.
Project Delivery/Daily Management/Controls: Manages, prepares and produces project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation. Creates and manages project financials including budgeting, forecasting, actuals and change tracking. Ensures a viable work plan is created resulting in the on time completion of assigned projects. Works with team on creating project health recovery plans and managing activities to restore projects to health. Supports the preparation of project and governance reviews and project steering committees. Ensures the successful completion of all project deliverables & milestones in a critical/complex environment. Maintain and administer project SharePoint site for documents, design, and team communications. Ensures lessons learned are effectively documented
Project Financials: Manages monthly financial reporting for project spend including forecast and actual management. Coordinate vendor proposals, purchase order requests, and invoice management.
Customer Relationship Management: Develops and sustains strong relationship with vendors, business management personnel, Program Managers and Business Technology Executives. Manages customer expectations regarding projects and continually drives improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology developments and IT environments.
- Ability to understand changes in business process and technology and effectively adapt technology to meet business needs.
- Working knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology.
- PMI Certification preferred.
- Ability to use project management skills to manage projects and teams.
- Ability to prioritize and plan within the project while ensuring all relevant factors and issues have been considered and resolved.
- Ability to drive project implementation strategy and delivery plan.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly