Under supervision, sources and purchases equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, direct and indirect material, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization. Reviews supplier proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, monitors payment, and maintains necessary purchase order documentation packages. Capable of reading engineering drawings and other specifications. Possesses general understanding of Terms and Conditions, FAR, DFAR, and ISO. Comfortable in meeting with Suppliers, participating in supplier surveys with team and playing an active role in the process. Capable of generating Requests for Bids to include all requirements. Plays an active role with the Integrated Program Teams in disseminating supplier delivery information, potential lead time issues or other factors that affect the business/revenue plans. Some local travel. Movement between multiple tasks and balancing priorities is a necessity of this position. Duties will be varied in nature, requiring the solving of unusual problems. Moderate planning is required.
• Researches supplier’s products and capabilities
• Solicits quotations from potential sources
• Evaluates and selects supply sources; verifies that selected source is acceptable to requisitioner, if required
• Conducts and leads general negotiations (as required) with suppliers to achieve positive results
• Places purchase orders for requisitioned items
• Accumulates information and becomes knowledgeable of supplier products and capabilities via the internet, print catalogs, correspondence, telephone, or person contact
• Provides reports and status on open purchase orders on a regular basis
• Maintains purchase order documentation in compliance with policies and procedures
• Ensures timely delivery of materials and services of acceptable quality & best value consistent with IEC requirements and established budgets
• Establishes and maintains adequate liaison with requisitioning department/ individual (operations, development eng, industrial eng., manufacturing eng, quality eng, etc…) as well as operating departments as required
• Performs duties under minimal supervision of the Procurement Manager /Lead and/or direction from senior purchasing staff
• Performs purchasing duties of considerable scope and authority
• (Purchase authority) Makes purchase commitments in conformance with IEC purchasing policies and procedures
• Travels (some local & overnight) as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
BA/BS in Business Administration/Management, Finance or Supply Chain/Material Management or similar major is required
Previous Experience: 3-5 years related experience. DOD, Government agency, and drawing interpretation experience preferred Aptitude in real time MRP/ERP environment.
Skilled in computer software/applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint, Internet Explorer and Adobe Acrobat.
Experience with CostPoint a plus.