Manages and oversees 100-200 employees, in a team based automated assembly/stamping/laser cutting environment on the off shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the development of work instructions, training on processes, and supervises daily operations.
2. Ensure all colleagues are wearing proper PPE, following LOTO procedures, etc. and investigating safety incidents with proper paperwork turned into the EHS Coordinator. Responsible for carrying out all safety/environmental plans or protocols.
3. Review all stamping schedules daily at the beginning of shift, ensure supervisors are following schedule with proper notes and reporting and plans to reschedule missed jobs.
4. Troubleshoot issues among all departments when necessary and maintain communication with all support staff.
5. Monitors and reports daily production activities.
6. Monitor captor daily and implement continuous improvement strategies based on poorest results. In addition, account for all downtime and allocate to specific, appropriate departments.
7. Identifies, develops, and implements strategies to attain production targets with respect to NSPH, SPM, OEE and collaborate with all departments to generate work orders for issues countering production.
8. Leads daily production meetings to communicate production goals, quality issues, current business events, and provide feedback on overall team performance. Maintain excellent communication with all department managers.
9. Evaluates employee areas of improvement and implements strategies relating to employee development.
10. Provides overall employee/team development strategies through training, coaching, counseling, and performance measurement.
11. Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule, the Internal ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO 9001/IATF 16949 internal auditors).
12. Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO 9001/IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
13. Other related activities as related to the scope of the position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or extensive supervisory in an automotive environment.
- 5 – 15 years’ experience in team oriented manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience with measurables in regards to SQCDM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop or disposition subordinate colleagues.
- Willingness to work a second or third shift or flexible assignment.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the Position
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
International Automotive Task Force