· Responsibilities include: Manage molding & assembly operations to meet quality, safety, and production schedule.
· Responsible for coordinating, planning & movement of employees for meeting production & quality requirements for optimal results internal & external.
· Develop and implement operating procedures that eliminate problems and/or improve quality and/or reduce cost.
· Devise and implement root cause & permanent corrective action plans to recover any lost production to attain production schedules.
· Actively pursue process and equipment changes to improve modifications to machines or equipment to improve production, quality and reduce cost.
· Make recommendations on molding and assembly processes to improve process to reduce labor, improve workflow, efficiencies and minimize scrap.
· Ensure that all production orders are produced in a timely manner with attention to quality and operating budgets.
· Work closely with Assistant Shift Leader to enhance their job skills.
· Establish training need with department manager to improve operator’s job skills.
· Maintain daily shift handover meetings with employees to keep all personnel informed of critical issues.
· Work with cross function teams to make continuous improvement to eliminate waste.
· Review& analyze production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity to product specifications and operating or production problems and take necessary corrective action.
· Administer Company policies and maintain employer/employee relations on the highest level. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
· Assist in resolving worker concerns and unresolved issues to Human Resources Manager.
· Implement all new projects to production from pre-series to series production, including training on all shifts.
· Ensure confidentiality is a priority.
· Maintain a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure best in class standards to get the job done.
· Other duties as needed.
· Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
· This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
· Must have at least 5 + years supervisory experience in a molding and assembly-manufacturing environment.
· Processing molding machines would be a plus
· Experience with SAP a plus
· Provide leadership and training to production and technical personnel
· 5-10 years prior processing and/or technical training in plastics a plus
· Experience in a molding and assembly production supervisory capacity preferred
- BA in Engineering preferred or equivalent years of related experience
Corrective And Preventive Actions