Cognos Admin / Dashboards / Reports
Location: Reston, VA 20190
Duration: 6 months
You must be a US Citizen.
You are a IBM Cognos 10.2+ expert. You are a well-skilled administrator and know Frameworks Manager.
You understand, use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques, and provide solutions to sometimes very complex problems.
You've been responsible for a complete setup and management of the Cognos environment – reports/dashboards development, administration/configuration, customization, security, etc.
You know how to regularly interact with the customers to perform requirements analysis, document and confirm the requirements with the customers, and develop and deliver solutions.
And, you can contribute to the development and delivery of user training and documentation.
It's critical for you to be productive on your first day... and that means you need the following to do this...
- US Citizen
- 12 years information technology experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- 10 years of IBM Cognos 10.2+ experience, developing reports and dashboards
- 10 years of experience with Cognos administration – Server administration (install, upgrade, troubleshoot Cognos environments), content administration (reports/package promotion, user security).
- 8 years of experience with Framework Manager.
- Proven ability to develop and manage complex data modeling capabilities such as dynamic queries, embedding database functions into the packages, session parameters, parameter maps, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing – Dimensional (Kimball methodology) as well as Relational (Inmon methodology)
- Intermediate to advanced SQL and PL/SQL experience (Oracle) – development as well as query tuning
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with MS Visio or similar diagramming/vector programming tools – be able to develop and maintain architecture diagrams of the BI environments
- Operating Systems Experience: Windows 2012 or later
- Virtual team collaboration tools such as Webex, AT&T etc.
- Requirements analysis experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience developing user documentation and training materials
- Willing and able to travel 10%
- Experience with other BI tools – Business objects, OBIEE etc
- Work individually and in a matrix environment
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint and Deltek Time Collection
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional interpersonal skills
- Interact professionally with clients and vendors
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Dedicated to meeting deadlines
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- "Can-do" attitude, proactive, and resourceful
- Priority given to local candidates
You can make our client's business more intelligent! ;-)
Click "Apply" now.
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Java Script (Programming Language)