To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrisburg, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Harrisburg • Harrisburg, PA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as the Assistant to the Director of Administration in matters pertaining to overall administration, clerical and human resource functions. Responsible for all clerical and administrative support for the Executive Director/CEO and maintains an efficient and organized Administrative and human resource Office.
● Receptionist for Catholic Charities Administrative Office.
● Sorts and distributes mail.
● Carries out all administrative, clerical and human resource functions as assigned.
● Serves as liaison between Catholic Charities offices and Diocesan Departments.
● Review/submit bi-weekly payroll
● Responds to resumes and updates open positions on website
● Updates various lists
● Maintain accurate and complete employee files manually and in TIER
● Assists in preparation of all agency funding proposals and grants.
● Coordination of printing needs for agency
● Processes AP for the Administrative Office
● Orders office supplies
● Coordinates Quarterly Board of Directors meetings
● Coordinates Capital Region United Way Campaign
● Schedules meetings and reserves rooms
● Assistant Executive Director with Diocesan Projects
● Director of Administration with time sensitive projects
● Director of Development with events/fund raising
● Crossed trained with other office staff to provide back up support when necessary
● Customer/Client Service Orientation
● Interpersonal Skills
● Technical skills
● Detail oriented
● Time Management (able to prioritize and multi-task)
● Work independently
● Proactive mindset
Physical and Environmental Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of these that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
● Use of hands, wrists and fingers and lifting or moving up to 25 lbs will be required.
● Movements such as stooping, crouching, bending, kneeling, and reaching are required.
● This position requires spending a majority of the workday sitting with occasional standing and walking.
● The location of the program requires the ability to climb stairs on an infrequent basis if the elevator is not working.
● Noise and/or level of distractions in the work environment are moderate.
Working Conditions: This is a 40 hour a week position that requires staff to be available during 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Lunch is ½ hour.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Certifications or Licenses Required:
● State Police and Child Line Clearances
● FBI Clearance
● Valid PA Driver’s License
● Adequate Automobile Insurance According to Agency Policy
● Successful completion of UPitt Mandated Reporting.
Experience: Three years of office/secretarial experience.
Catholic Charities requires State Police, Child Line, FBI Clearances, and valid PA Driver’s License for all positions. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. EOE. Web-site: www.cchbg.org
Send resume & letter of interest, with salary requirements to:
Attn: Director of Administration
4800 Union Deposit Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111