Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) of New York is working with a leading real estate development firm located in Midtown and they are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The role reports directly to the CFO and Controller, has amazing opportunity for growth, and a very competitive salary with bonus and wonderful benefits. If you are looking for growth and the next step in your accounting career, keep reading!
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Perform account reconciliations and general ledger entries, assist in month-end/year-end close
- Prepare and post month and year end journal entries related to inter-company transactions, depreciation, and other standard entries.
- Analyze financial information from monthly and annual financial statements and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position.
- For active rental properties, send out monthly rent invoices and oversee the collection of receivables and payment of accounts payable.
- Provide analytical support on year-end audits as well as preparation of schedules for external auditors
- Liaise with the Finance and Property Management groups to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Additional ad hoc duties as it relates to factoring and general accounting
Requirements of the Senior Accountant include:
- Degree in Accounting of Finance
- 3+ years Accounting experience
- Experience with ERP/accounting systems
Benefits of working for the company include:
- Full medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Generous PTO including vacation, sick, and holiday time off
- Amazing company culture
- Great opportunity for growth within a fast-paced, dynamic company
Enterprise Resource Planning
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles