To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Accounting and Compliance Manager
Marvin Engineering Company Inc • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of military aerospace and vehicle systems in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for an experienced Government Accounting and Compliance Manager. With a 50+ year foundation, Marvin Engineering has supported all branches of the United States Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Marvin Engineering is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Government Accounting and Compliance Manger to support the government accounting and compliance function within Finance. As a key member of the Finance you will be working closely with the Marvin Group Cost Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer to develop and submit Forward Pricing Rate Proposals, Provisional Billing Rates, Incurred Cost Submissions, interface and support DCAA and DCMA audits, and upload SAP rate updates and assure that the proper costs are applied to inventory transfers within MEC. Also support proposal pricing and special projects across multiple Marvin companies. This is a high visibility position with considerable growth opportunities within the company.
● Develop Compliant Forward Pricing Rates and Provisional Billing Rates submittals to the U.S. Government
● Lead DCMA and DCAA proposal, rate audits and reviews; support business system development and certifications
● Assist in the preparation and submission of CCDR reporting to the CADE
● Assist in the development of Cost Accounting and Finance procedures and work instructions
● Support the development of project budgets working with the Program Office, Business Development, Contracts and Supply Chain
● Perform and support Price Cost Analysis (PCAs) working with Supply Chain
● Identify, pursue and correct incorrect project costs and perform cost transfers as necessary
● Work in a team environment to discuss relevant issues freely with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and creating better solutions
● Prepare briefings and presentations to Finance and Executive management as required
● Support Accounting System, Cost Estimating System, CAS development and compliance with FAR/DFAR requirements
● Train others on proper recording of costs and use of system for recording and analyzing costs
● Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance or Accounting degree preferred, CPA is a plus)
● 5+ years of combined government accounting, cost accounting, rate development or audit experience at DCAA, a prime contractor or major subcontractor, preferably in a manufacturing environment
● Experience in the Aerospace and Defense or Government Contracting industry
● Experience with FAR, DFARS, CAS and government contracting principles
● Experience with SAP ERP (preferred), or a similar ERP system
● Experience with EVMS and CCDR reporting preferred
● Proficient in Excel pivot tables, lookups and formulas
● Must be a self-starter, work well independently, good communicator and team leader
● Must be able to speak, read and write English
● Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee or refugee.
Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.