Under the direction of the Practice Manager and the Director of Clinical Operations, the COVID-19 Nurse is responsible for triaging patients and staff with COVID-19 symptoms or exposures, administering COVID-19 tests, providing patient education regarding self-care and isolation and coordinating follow-up.
1. Ensure that administrative tasks and duties associated with COVID-19 testing are executed in a professional and efficient manner.
2. Ensure that stock of COVID-19 testing supplies and PPE are adequate and coordinate with the Practice Manager that orders are place on time.
3. Triage all patients and staff prior to COVID-19 test administration and escalating care to a medical provider (MD, DO, or NP) when clinically appropriate.
4. Communicate medical results to patients.
5. Provide nursing education to patients and staff regarding isolation, self-care and when to seek additional medical attention.
6. Complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Licensed as a registered professional nurse (RN) in the State of Missouri
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Current BLS verification
- New graduates welcome to apply
- Must have a positive and caring attitude
- High level work knowledge and understanding of Electronic Medical Records and complimentary clinical software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical/Environmental / Other
· Normal clinical working environment.
· Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to speak and read the English language. Bilingual: Spanish speaking is preferred.
· Excellent Time Management and organizational skills
· Demonstrated competence in documentation and assessments
· Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of fifty pounds without assistance.
Some work may occur in a community setting and may include contacts in high crime area and in extremes of temperature
Registered Nurse Certified