To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hayward, CA
- Ronn Coldiron
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
R&D Technical Services, Inc. • Hayward, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Technician
DEPARTMENT: Manufacturing Engineering
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Prepare Laser and Water Jet CNC programming.
● Review programs for actual material requirements, prepare final estimates and present it to department manager.
● Work closely with Sheet metal shop supervisor to maintain raw materials and remnants.
● Management may assign tasks involving; Creating Flat Pattern drawings for release to production. Assign and apply proper and instructive annotation and classification to various manufacturing drawings. Create documentation for procedures and references that coincide with current manufacturing practices and techniques.
● Work within guidelines; follow instructions and priorities set forth by Manager.
● Perform duties of junior manufacturing engineer when needed.
● Excellent knowledge of basic sheet metal techniques and practices.
● Ability to visualize space geometry as well as 3D to Flat conversions.
● Knowledge of manufacturing machinery, such as: Lasers, Water Jets, Plasma, Milling Machines, Lathes, Drill Presses, Press Brakes, Automation, etc.
● Good communication skills in working closely with shop personnel, engineers and designers.
● Proactive in looking for ways to improve manufacturing processes by efficient material consumption and/or creative nest solutions.
● A fast learner in new methods, new software packages, new machinery, new guidelines, etc.
● Follows instructions and is able to switch between multiple priorities on a daily basis.
● Knowledge of particular software programs, such as: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Solid Works, Pro-E, Sigma Nest, Flow Nest, By Soft, Tru-Tops, Pro Nest, Radan, SPI Sheet Metal, SAP, Master CAM, Surf CAM, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
● “Hands On” experience working with sheet metal and machinery such as: welding machines, milling and lathe machines, laser, water jet, plasma, punch, wire EDM, grinding equipment, layout tools, measuring tools, sheet metal raw materials, plastic and composite raw materials, material handling automation, robotics, etc.