To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, CA
- Tammy Vincent
- Phone: 925-831-1200
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
R&D Technical Services, Inc. • Richmond, CA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Employee Type: EXEMPT
Provide leadership of Supply Chain Management activities for the plant location(s) in order to maximize favorable impact on RONA. Supply Chain Management activities include materials planning; scheduling; inventory control; cash flow management; information flow and coordination and asset management.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Work with suppliers, business unit managers, purchasing, production planners, I/T and other appropriate resources to strategically plan and coordinate the flow of materials and information from customers through procurement to delivery. Matrix management responsibilities with business units and support groups for production planning, shipping, receiving and inventory functions. Provide direct leadership and/or management of Purchasing and Supplier Quality functions for plant location(s).
Lead and manage all procurement and materials management activities including order placement, supplier reduction/evaluation/certification, supplier follow-up, price
negotiation and compliance with government procurement regulations.
· Matrix responsibilities for Production Planning's manufacturing resource-planning activities. These activities need to help achieve division sales and RONA objectives
and maintain 100% on-time customer deliveries. Matrix responsibilities for personnel involved with the MRP database to achieve and maintain a high degree of data
accuracy, integrity, and ownership.
· Monitors shipping/receiving performance and investigates discrepancies to resolve/eliminate process deficiencies
· Utilize corporate developed tracking systems such as phconnect, PFEP (plan for every part), and S& OP (sales and operations)- Accountable for location(s) materials
metrics and Standards of Performance.
· Help define and implement automated systems to plan and track material flow from customers through procurement to delivery to support a supply chain management
· Ensure all the location(s) material management policies are consistent with the inventory control objectives of the Corporation.
· Work closely with divisional materials personnel to maintain continuity with purchasing and supplier management processes
· Facilitate corporate purchasing and materials initiatives including common part numbers, supplier managed inventory, consolidated purchasing agreements, supplier
reduction and supplier quality certifications.
· Advise on supplier-managed inventory or supplier-based contracts with customers.
· Support internal or external audit requirements relative to the planning, procurement or inventory control functions.
· Prepare and manage department budget within established guidelines.
· Effectively create and sustain procurement to delivery material and system cost reduction programs.
· Provide professional development for all materials team members. Explain and support company policies and procedures.
· Benchmark world class supplier management systems and implement best practices as appropriate.Actively support and implement lean principles at the division.
· Facilitate kanban, materials requirement planning technique, throughout division.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties
and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
· Minimum of 5 years applicable purchasing/materials management experience in a world-class, high volume manufacturing environment.
· Extensive managerial experience in state-of-the-art materials management systems including supply chain management, cash flow and asset management, JIT,
MRPII, cellular manufacturing and with APICS/CPM certification preferred.
· Four-year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in materials management and quality preferred.
· Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft PC software (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, databases and presentations).