Job Role: CAD Technician (Civil Engineer)
Location: Norfolk, VA
Duration: Long term
Work Authorization: USC/GC
We are looking Candidates on our W-2 Only.
The CAD Technician prepares topographical maps and 3D models used in major construction or civil engineering projects; such as highways, bridges, tunnel and flood-control projects. He/she supports the survey department in designing and drafting grading plans, water/sewer utility plans, roadway profiles and cross-sections, and general civil engineering/infrastructure projects.
• Supports survey and engineering team by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, and diagrams for heavy civil highway/bridge construction projects
• Creates computer-generated drawings to include as-built and construction drawings
• Uses computer design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software to design/draft plans
• Prepares and distributes 3D models (DTM) for grading automated machines, survey layout or engineering purposes
• Produces plans and technical drawings using Micro station Open roads/GEOPAK and Civil 3D software
• Verifies the accuracy of drawings
• Draws finished designs from sketches or verbal instruction from estimators/engineers
• Understands the application of drafting methods, standards, and procedures
• Updates drafting and engineering standards as required
• Responsible for maintaining and organizing plan drawings
• Associates degree (A.A.) in Computer Drafting and Design from an accredited institution
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in heavy civil construction business environment (highway/bridge/tunnel)
• Minimum one year of experience with Total Station and GPS equipment
• Must provide own computer hardware
• Must have the ability to co-locate in HRCP’s corporate office in Norfolk, VA
• Must work a standard 40-hour per week schedule
• Preferred Requirements:
• Ability to read/understand blueprints and promptly create concepts and sketches for heavy civil works
• Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency of the latest versions of Micro station Open roads/GEOPAK, Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center software and Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Must possess a high degree of detail orientation
• Knowledge of BIM processes is a plus