To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Development Engineer I
Yardi Systems, Inc. • Reno, NV
Posted 18 days ago
Yardi Systems, an employer of choice in Reno, NV, is hiring for a Software Development Engineer I to join their winning team!
Under immediate supervision, the Software Development Engineer analyzes, modifies and debugs existing applications. Responsibilities also include testing, communicating and implementing defect resolutions.
• Modifies, implements, and maintains an existing application to established standards, specifications and approved changes. Performs maintenance programming for existing versions. Uses corporate approved CRM systems to track cases, defects and resolutions. Explains defect resolutions to the Team Leader. Uses corporate approved integrated development environment (e.g., Visual Studios, Eclipse) to implement defect resolutions.
• Performs unit testing on his/her defect resolutions to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results. Analyzes and documents reasons for test failures, and revises/debugs assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
• Learns and increases knowledge of a single domain and best practices. Expands technical and industry expertise.
• Uses corporate approved sourced control applications (e.g., Microsoft Team Foundations) to maintain code changes.
• Adheres to Department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Engineering Science or equivalent experience
• Independent problem solving and analysis skills
• Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
DESIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES (One or more of the following)
• Familiarity with one of the following computer programming language (PHP, MVC, VB.NET, Java, Java Script, C#)
• Experience with relationship databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
• Experience with accounting systems
• Experience with Web applications
• Understanding of property management industry
Yardi Systems is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the multi-billion dollar global commercial real estate industry. We employ talented, motivated and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions to our clients and are passionate about working with other highly skilled professionals in team environments.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest Microsoft technologies and develop your career, then Yardi Systems is the place for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.