All Applicants Must Apply Online at:
Global Advanced Metals is one of the world's leading suppliers of tantalum products. We are committed to the responsible supply of tantalum in all its forms and operate to high standards of sustainable development. We also trade tantalum on international markets, produce and supply tin, and manufacture niobium metal products. We are a world leader in the production, development and sustainable supply of tantalum for a range of industries. Our tantalum operations are vertically integrated from the mining and processing of ore into concentrates, through to the manufacture of capacitor powders and metallurgical products. Tantalum is a strategically important mineral with about half the world's supply used in electronic products such as tablets, smart phones, digital cameras and electronic systems for vehicles. Tantalum is also an additive in nickel-based super-alloys used to make turbine blades for the aerospace industry and land-based gas turbines. Other uses for tantalum include sputtering targets, mill products, cutting tools, surgical implants and specialty chemicals and coatings.
The production supervisor is responsible for providing safety and supervisory leadership to hourly operators in a unionized environment in accordance with GAM’s Safety Vision and company values. This position plans and assigns work to hourly employees, implements policies and procedures, is responsible for the training of new and incumbent employees, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Responsibilities – Safety, Health and Environment (SHE):
1. Directly accountable for SHE performance and capability within their organization.
2. Ensures effective incident/injury/illness reporting, classification, investigation, and management within their organization.
3. Ensures effective self-audits and investigations for learning, prevention, and improvement within their organization.
4. Areas of focus include: proactive SHE risk management, injury and illness performance and prevention, process safety management performance, compliance with operating permits and other regulatory requirements, implementation of policies and standards, and contractor safety.
5. Sets and enforces high standards of performance and provides SHE leadership that is seen, felt, and understood across the entire organization. In any business or market environment: demonstrates strong constancy of purpose around SHE in the form of business context, communications, tone, and priority.
6. Adopts consistent leader behavior and actions that ensure incident prevention and employee connection to our safety culture.
7. Assesses and develops organizational capability to deliver excellent SHE performance including developing SHE leadership skills in leaders within their organization.
8. Sets the right tone and priority for SHE within their organization – has high expectations, gives abundant praise and recognition, engages in solution focused dialog when performance gaps exist, demonstrates clear personal ownership and accountability for outcomes.
9. Establishes and ensures SHE objectives and priorities are clear and carried out. Regularly creates individual safety objectives for their employees that consider personal strengths and opportunities. Consistently holds others accountable for performance outcomes.
10. Actively supports employees in their organization with time, attention and resources when SHE interventions and adjustments are needed to keep or get performance on track.
Essential Responsibilities – Production:
1. Understands and proactively/preventively manages production and process hazards/risks using the variety of tools and methods available.
2. Safely accomplishes schedule requirements for internal and external customers in line with appropriate priorities based on the manufacturing/maintenance plan.
3. Supervises team to continuously improve employee safety, operational efficiency, technical skills and promote a cooperative attitude with subordinates.
4. Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to Superintendent and other Managers.
5. Complete all required reports, records, and measurements. ( i.e. log daily production, write work and purchase orders in Oracle, approve employee vacation and work time in Paycom, submit weekly reports to area manager, write waivers)
6. Train, give clear instructions, and validate to ensure employee understanding of safety and safe production processes. Provide employees with an understanding of work group and divisional plans, needs, and priorities.
7. Maintains safe, organized, and clean work environment by educating and instructing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established regulations, policies, and procedures
8. Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
9. Communicate and operate in a team environment throughout all levels of the organization; including maintenance, engineering, SHE, planning and senior leadership.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Associates Degree and/or equivalent number of years’ experience in the Chemicals, Mining, Metals, or technical manufacturing field.
2. At least 3-5 years of experience in a Management or Supervisory role within a production environment.
3. At least 5 years of experience within a Chemical, Materials, or similar production environments
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors’ Degree in a technical discipline and 5-8 years of experience in a unionized production environment.
2. Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification
3. Problem solving, trouble shooting and mechanical Skills
4. OSHA Certification
Knowledge/Skills for this position:
1. Detailed knowledge of SHE processes, procedures, programs, standards and relevant regulatory and applicable requirements. Examples include, but are not limited to, confined space entry, lockout /tag out, work at height, hot work, safe work permitting, etc.
2. Knowledge of Emergency Response Procedures
3. Knowledge of Chemical Manufacturing, metal powders, metallurgical products or similar field
4. Knowledge of manufacturing and statistical process control
5. Knowledge and ability in incident reporting and investigation processes
6. Excellent computer skills in various Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc), Oracle experience a plus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Must be able to work night shift, 12 hours shifts, 40-84 hours per week
All Applicants Must Apply Online at:
Global Advanced Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer