The successful candidate will also have the ability to understand and apply best practices guidelines; collect and analyze exposure and loss data; respond efficiently and effectively to internal and external requests; maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards; have the ability to spot trends in monitoring and reporting; and communicate results of analysis to business customers and senior management, all while actively advocating and monitoring compliance.
Responsibilities to Include:**
- Conduct commercial credit applicant reviews;
- Analyze a mix of merchant applicants in a wide variety of business types in both a card-present and non-present processing environment;
- Handle a wide range of volumes and ticket amounts, standard documentation and future service liability
- Review and analyze individual and company credit reports including Equifax, Experian and Dunn and Bradstreet;
- Communicate effectively with merchants and sales representatives;
- Communicate effectively with internal company departments, as well as management, as necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in a commercial underwriting environment
- Typing 50+ WPM or equivalent keystrokes
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret data based on established criteria.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing individual and company credit reports including Equifax, Experian and Dunn and Bradstreet required
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to work all levels of applicants (not exclusively high level applicants) with a positive attitude
- Flexibility required to work extended shifts as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance preferred (or equivalent work experience)
EMS Offers:**Many outstanding benefits including: competitive salary, PTO, 401K plan with company match, paid holidays, company contribution toward health/dental insurance, employee discounts, career growth opportunities, and recognition and rewards for excellence.
Job Type: Full-time