To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1770 Kirby Parkway
Memphis, TN 38138
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Gateway Group Personnel • Memphis, TN
Posted 28 days ago
The Manager-Tax Reporting & Compliance will be responsible for managing all tax reporting and compliance related to the company and subsidiaries. This includes managing the tax accounting/forecasting function and federal and state/provincial income/franchise tax compliance. This Manager-Tax Reporting & Compliance will report directly to the Vice President-US Taxes and will be a part of the US Tax Department leadership team.
- Elevate the tax department’s value and visibility within the organization.
- Train and develop highly competent and motivated personnel.
- Develop and maintain internal and external tax research, planning and financial relationships.
- Manage preparation of financial tax reporting, including monthly general ledger tax account entries, forecasted tax cash flow, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting via the Group Reporting System (Hyperion based).
- Manage the accurate and timely filing of all federal and state/provincial income/franchise tax returns, including extensions and estimates, based on research and interpretation of tax statutes. This includes all federal information returns (e.g., Form 5471, 5472, FBAR, 1120-F, etc.).
- Research and provide advice on federal and state/provincial income/franchise tax compliance issues and transactions.
- Review and ensure the tax department is in compliance with SOX 404, including required documentation.
- Manage special projects as required.
Minimum of Master of Tax
Licenses/ Certifications: CPA Required
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of experience in varied tax reporting and audit management positions. Experience must include financial tax reporting, federal and state compliance and management of personnel.
Competences - Proficient computer skills, specifically, Microsoft Excel/Word, tax compliance and research software. SAP/Hyperion/CORPTax experience desired.
- Proficient analytical, research and writing skills, specifically researching, analyzing and documenting tax issues.
- Proficient knowledge and application of the accounting for income taxes principles, specifically ASC 740 and IAS 12.
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate personnel.
- Knowledge of Canadian federal and provincial tax laws and compliance requirements desired.
- Travel Requirements: <10%