Q.E.P. is a leading global provider of high quality, innovative and value-driven flooring and installation solutions. QEP manufactures, markets and sells a comprehensive line of hardwood, porcelain, SPC, vinyl, carpet tile and laminate flooring, installation tools, adhesives, and other flooring-related products. Founded in 1979, QEP is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida with offices in Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Controller, based in Boca Raton, Florida. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will oversee the general accounting, payroll and accounts payables functions, provide accurate and timely financial statements to executive leadership, ensure the company is compliant with all reporting requirements and participate in continuous efforts to improve the processes and overall functions used to develop and produce financial information.
- Ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, (GAAP).
- Manage accuracy and oversees filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Work closely with external auditors to provide information needed for the annual audit.
- Lead and manage implementation of new systems and major modifications of existing systems to reduce downtime.
- Oversee accounting department and all accounting and finance functions
- Responsible for accounting controls, financial reporting, technical accounting, accounting and tax functions
- Manage all accounting operations including general accounting, cost accounting, internal controls and related fiscal functions
- Control the accounting, general accounting and budgeting functions
- Manage board reporting, monthly accounting close, financial reporting, treasury, annual financial audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- SEC financial reporting experience
- A combination of public/private accounting experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrated capability to work across functions/organizations
- Process improvement methodologies is a plus
- International accounting experience a plus
QEP offers a highly competitive total compensation package with comprehensive benefits. New employees are eligible for healthcare benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
If you are looking for a dynamic, innovative, growing company committed to excellence and integrity, then consider QEP!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles