With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
Nissan is always looking for great talent to join our Consumer Collections team in Irving, TX. The role we normally recruit for in this area is a Late Stage Collections Representative.
In this role you will be negotiating resolutions for accounts that are 45-89 days past due. Provides customer service by adhering to a ten-step call plan and by demonstrating NMAC/IFS Core Values. Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Makes a standard number of outgoing phone calls on delinquent accounts while staying available for incoming phone calls, and resolves delinquencies by negotiating payment arrangements that will benefit both NMAC/IFS and customer. Researches and resolves customer disputes, and generates correspondence to customers, including cure and demand notices as required by the account status or in direct response to customer inquiries.
- Maintains standard delinquency percentages, clearance ratios and repossession ratios for individual portfolios, thereby achieving standard scores on Quality Assurance phone monitors. Locates valid phone numbers and addresses for displaced customers through skip tracing.
- Must be able to utilize all tools available and creatively investigate all possible leads. Analyzes delinquent accounts for appropriate action and make recommendations to Sr. Car or Supervisor.
- Administers the repossession process by monitoring the performance of repossession contractors, and by coaching them to perform within NMAC/IFS guidelines; receives post repossession phone calls and facilitates the reinstatement process; approves repossession and investigation bills for payment and negotiates acceptable fees with repossession contractors as needed.
- Monitors the replevin litigation process by coordinating efforts between NMAC/IFS, outside counsel and repossession contractor. Responds to government and repair shop lien notices promptly to secure possession of seized, impounded and abandoned vehicles.
- Must be able to effectively negotiate fees related to this process. Communicates closely with customers and insurance companies to resolve total loss, physical damage, credit life, and credit disability issues. Assists in the training of newly assigned personnel.
- Job Knowledge and Skill: Level of understanding of auto finance and collections sufficient to administer accounts that have insurance deficiency issues and/or are 45-89 days delinquent. Must be able to diagnose situations and apply appropriate collection tools while adhering to all Federal and State regulations as well as company policy. Good oral / written communications, listening and interpersonal skills. Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Good organization and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to take a responsive customer service approach to work activities.
- Experience: Two or more years of directly related, progressively responsible experience in a professional business atmosphere, or one year experience in NMAC Consumer Communications. Bachelors degree in lieu of experience will be considered.
- Education: High school diploma required; BA degree preferred.
- Computer Usage: Requires working knowledge of word processor, and other related PC applications, etc. to access and analyze data in multiple products and screens.
- Physical Abilities: The ability to perform repetitive hand/arm motions up to 90% of the time.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility.
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Irving Texas United States of America
Complex Problem Solving