To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1060 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60613
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Manager
Brilliant Financial Search - Chicago • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
An industry leading organization is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join its accounting team. The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for reviewing and paying invoices in a timely manner consistent with accounting department policies.
- Manages AP. Includes, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for three ERP systems.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Enters status change information into project accounting software to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field required
Five or more years of accounts payable experience
One or more years of leadership experience
Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work