StoneMor Partners is conducting a search for a General Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily activity within the assigned location/s.
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the location/s. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
We also offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more.
- Responsible for all daily activities for a funeral home, cemetery and superintendent staff.
- Provide leadership of funeral home and cemetery staff to accomplish goals and objectives while working within company guidelines.
- Recruit, hire and retain employees based on company standards.
- Responsible for daily delivery of goods and services to at- need families.
- Responsible for conducting weekly team meetings with the departmental managers.
- Work directly with sales team to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Manage merchandise and property inventory
- Responsible for daily on-the-job training for all funeral home and cemetery staff.
- Review and monitor all employees'' performance.
- Implement and manage internal controls and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion and delivery of all reports.
- Monitor and manage the financial (budget) performance of location.
- Ensure safety compliance.
- Select and purchase all necessary material for operations within budgetary guidelines using approved vendors.
- Increase calls volume by company standards.
- Any other task or projects assigned.
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in management and personnel supervision.
- General understanding of basic accounting principles; specifically budgeting procedures.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Critical thinking skills of solving operational challenges.
- Pro-active, understands urgency and prioritize in getting tasks accomplished.
- Detail oriented, Self-starter and Good attitude.
- Able to multi-task.
- Leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and flexible hours.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
StoneMor Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback