To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8900 U.S. 14
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager of Wellness and Leave Administration Programs
McHenry County College • Crystal Lake, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Director of Employee Relations and Benefits, the Manager of Wellness and Leave Administration Programs is responsible for coordinating and communicating all well-being initiatives for college employees. Additionally, the Manager will coordinate all aspects of workers’ compensation and leave administration programs. Responsible for a variety of functions and activities related to wellness, workers’ comp and leave administration and with a focus on providing outstanding customer service to employees, students, and external customers, with an urgency to oversee these programs in a resource lean environment.
Reports To: Director of Employee Relations and Benefits ____________________________________________________________________________________
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leave of Absence Administration
· Administer leave policies and procedures in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws
· Monitor all leaves of absence cases to ensure the appropriate steps are followed in compliance with College policy and all applicable laws
· Advise employees and managers regarding the types of leave available
· Determine eligibility, maintain communication with employee to ensure appropriate paperwork is completed, send out appropriate notices, and communicate with supervisor and payroll department to ensure accuracy in pay
· Coordinate with Benefits Specialist to ensure benefits and leave time are tracked appropriately and communicated to payroll
· Address and respond to employee and manager leave concerns in a sensitive, timely and accurate manner
· Maintain appropriate records and prepare audit reports related to leaves
· Recommend procedure improvements and assist with ways to improve the leave process
· Using professional enterprise risk management concepts, assist employees and College risk management leaders to manage employee injuries.
· Perform case management activities on workers’ compensation claims
· Provide advice and analysis of workers’ compensation procedures for employees
· Investigate claims to determine validity
· Investigate accidents and injuries to determine corrective and preventative actions
· Communicate with employee submitting claim, witnesses, claims adjustors, supervisors, medical personnel, and attorney (when applicable)
· Maintain contact with employee and claims adjustor until the claim is closed, resolving any problems that occur
· Conduct proactive risk assessments to identify potential safety hazards
· Strategize with department personnel to create procedures and work practices designed to prevent work related injuries or illnesses
· Deliver ergonomic presentations/evaluations to employees regarding ergonomically correct workstations, positioning, etc.
· Submit recommendations for ergonomic equipment/workstations to CFO for purchase and Facilities for installation. Follow up with employee on applicable improvements
Employee Wellness Programming
· Develop, design and maintain event-based communications for wellness programs that will enhance the general well-being of college employees.
· Coordinate events, including but not limited to an annual benefits fair as a part of open enrollment activities each fall, a flu vaccination clinic, coordination of on-site wellness screenings throughout the year, and events that promote wellness and health
· Conduct assessments of employee wellness needs
· Develop and implement an annual calendar of offerings and coordinate with appropriate vendors and/or college employees
· Partner with other college offices to leverage existing programs and resources
· Track and measure the usage of wellness programs and their impact on the community
· Develop and provide relevant materials to new employees as a part of new hire orientation
· Establish and maintain working relationships with peer institutions and wellness experts at local hospitals
· Promote the college’s employee assistance plan as a source of information and assistance to employees and their families
· Lead a wellness committee that coordinates and promotes activities
· Maintain a small supply of first aid supplies and manage AED equipment
· Coordinate and disseminate institutional policies mandated by state or federal agencies in cooperation with appropriate College officials
· Work collaboratively with others (e.g. colleagues, stakeholders, vendors) to accomplish functions and responsibilities
· Assume additional duties as assigned by the Director of Employee Relations and Benefits or AVP of Human Resources
· Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferably resulting in a wellness or HR related degree
· Five + years professional healthcare experience
· Working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and other state/federal regulations affecting employee leaves or wellness initiatives
· Experienced in Worker’s Compensation and wellness promotion