The Registered Nurse is a trained professional nurse who administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in the home. May be required to perform OASIS and assess patients within regulatory requirements of OASIS and timelines. This is performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited Certificate, Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
LICENSURE: Current State License as a Registered Nurse.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year experience as a nurse in a clinical care setting or home health
SKILLS: Nursing skills as defined by accepted nursing standards.
TRANSPORTATION: Reliable transportation.
HEALTH STATUS: Meets all applicable agency policies and procedures
In accordance with licensing regulations, must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be a registered nurse (RN) licensed in the state of licensure or in accordance with the Board of Nurse Examiners rules for Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
1. Minimum of two (2) years of active experience as a RN, preferred.
2. Possession of a working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid home health care benefits, policies and procedures, preferred.
3. Understanding of Medical Diagnosis Coding, preferred.
Skills & Abilities
1. Has a positive attitude and willingness to learn throughout employment.
2. Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work with both clinical and non-clinical staff members.
4. Willingness to learn and utilize software solution, inclusive of Divisional Work Flow tasks.
5. Must be organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities at any given time.
6. Possesses a firm foundation of basic nursing skills.
7. Willingness to learn home health regulatory standards related to job-specific duties, including but not limited to: OASIS, Conditions of Participation, State-specific licensing rules, diagnosis coding, and internal policies.
Nurse Licensure Compact
Registered Nurse Certified
Computerized Physician Order Entry