Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller drives all aspects of financial functions for the company and operates as the “right-hand” to the CFO. This key executive plays a significant role to the Company’s leadership team with decision support, budgeting & forecasting, financial reporting, expense control, internal controls, treasury/foreign currencies, taxation, compliance, and cost accounting.
A critical success factor for the Corporate Controller will be this professional’s ability to build effective collaborative working relationships and earn the confidence of the company’s CFO, CEO, other senior management team members. The ideal candidate will have a track record of having led accounting and finance functions at fast-growing companies with revenues over $100M, complying with all regulatory and reporting requirements, and building a metrics-driven organization.
- Provide leadership to Company’s senior management team by helping support the business proactively, including:
- establishing an inclusive process for regularly updating the company’s budget/forecast to keep an accurate prediction of the business’ financial performance,
- providing timely financial reporting allowing management to control their spending timely to achieve the agreed-upon spending goal set
- proactively supporting management with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Develop and manage a reporting mechanism for key performance indicators (financial and non-financial).
- Conduct operational reviews to ensure effective and efficient spending. Make necessary recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
- Portray a positive image, developing trust and synergy throughout the company.
- Manage cash
- Directly responsible for ensuring Company has appropriate levels of internal controls in place to help ensure assets remain protected, financial reporting is accurate and complete, and all company transactions are appropriately authorized.