At Plains Equipment Group we are differentiating ourselves through our people, our partnerships, and our performance. We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Lincoln, NE.
In this position you will:
- Oversee accounting activities to ensure that financial processes and information are accurate, timely, and contain adequate internal controls
- Gather, review, analyze and report on financial metrics
- Manage cash flow and analyze credit line requirements
- Prepare various daily, monthly, quarterly, or annual financial reports and statements including income statements, balance sheets, management reports, tax returns and reports for governmental regulatory agencies.
- Make necessary corrections and/or adjustments to receive accurate report information
- Examine accounting information contained in reports and exhibits and trace and reconcile unusual variances
- Perform complex account reconciliations
- Provide financial advice and assistance to management including recommendations to enhance operational results based on analysis of sales, profit, expenses, and budget vs. actual
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and strategic plans
- Hire, develop, and coach accounting support staff
- Mentor and coach in-store employees who maintain local accounting responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years in accounting or financial management position
- Proficient with accounting systems and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of financial concepts such as Budgets, Return on Investment (ROI), and Net Operating Return on Assets (NORA)
- Strong understanding of financial statements, cash flow, key financial ratios, internal controls, and disclosure and financial reporting requirements
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance discipline
- CPA designation preferred
To apply please visit the career section on our website at www.plainsequipmentgroup.com.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Plains Equipment Group™ prides itself on being a full line John Deere Dealer with a rich local heritage. We began with our first stores in McCook, NE and Oberlin Kansas as Southwest Implement in 1981. In 1993, the organization expanded east with the opening of Plains Power & Equipment in York, NE. The following stores were soon added to the eastern trade area; Osceola in 1996, Seward and David City in 1997, Crete in 1999, and Geneva in 2003. The western trade area added the North Platte location in 2008 and Broken Bow, Ainsworth, O’Neill, and Ord in 2010.
Not Ready to Apply?
In 2008 the two regions joined to form the Plains Equipment Group™ with a goal of structuring the company for long term success and longevity. In the fall of 2011, the Elkhorn and Gretna locations were merged into this organization, bringing our retail locations up to 15.
Going forward, our leadership is focused on continuously improving and evolving in order to provide to you the most comprehensive customer support in our industry; thereby becoming the most stable and supportive agricultural equipment supplier in the Midwest.
Plains Equipment Group™ - Committed to YOUR Success!
View the full profile