- Minimum of High School Diploma.
- Must be able to communicate expressively and receptively in order to follow through with individualized behavior plan, emergency procedures, and report on activities.
- Must be a creative, hard-working, dependable individual with a passion and positive upbeat attitude for helping children and adolescents.
- Must have proof of reliable transportation, driver’s license, and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal and background check.
If selected for this position you will need to complete our Pre-hire Behavioral Technician Onboarding
Program. The requirements of this onboarding program include:
- CPR Certification. Certification and/or classes must be done in a live or hybrid course (not online course).
- First Aid Certification. Certification and/or classes must be done in a live, hybrid or online course.
- Must submit negative Tuberculosis (TB) test results.
- Must complete approximately 50 hours of pre-hire certification modules provided free of charge. This requires internet access and computer.
Day of Hire Requirement:
Must complete a paid in-person capstone training.
Post Hire Requirement:
Must attend recipient rights training within 30 days of hire and any additional county specific trainings as required.
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Required to perform activities that entail: fine motor skills, kneeling, sitting on floor level, standing, and running.
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
About Centria Healthcare:
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Centria's flagship service is Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA), which assists children and young adults on the autism spectrum. This exciting program is helping children reach their goals and dreams through positive reinforcement and continual support.
All applicants receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.