MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Europe and Asia, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Performs set-up and operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and/or nonmetallic parts to very close tolerances under minimal supervision with keen attention to detail by performing the following duties
Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
· Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
· Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
· Able to start up equipment from beginning (using MSDS tape and dry-run equipment) to identify equipment malfunctioning or out-of-tolerance machining. Based upon the resulting data, must be able to adjust machine controls or control media as required.
· Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
· Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
· Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
· May assist in training other employees.
· Maintains good housekeeping practices at all times.
· Understands, implements and maintains the Company's quality policy in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
· In the scope of performance of duties and responsibilities, ensures that requirements of society, including laws, statutes, rules and regulations, codes, environmental considerations, health and safety factors, and conservation of energy and materials are understood, implemented and maintained.
· In the performance of duties and responsibilities if assigned to the Repair Station, assumes responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Company's FAA Inspection Procedures Manual and FAR 65, as amended.
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to MB Aerospace’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
· Job Requirements
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
· Maintain a neat and orderly workstation and promote overall good housekeeping practices
· Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
Cutting Tool (Machining)
Attention To Detail
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)
Practical And Pragmatic