Great opportunity for advancement within a strong growing company. Culture is business casual. Everyone works together as a team. Everyone is treated with respect. This person can come in as an Accounting Manager and move to a Senior Accounting Manager role or for a strong Senior Accountant candidate without previous management experience it can be a fast track into a management role.
- Participate in the month end close process, prepare monthly journal entries, variance analysis and expense trending.
- The responsibilities include review and responsibility for preparing various account reconciliations including variance analysis and issue resolution and monthly balance sheet workbook preparation.
- Oversee and manage functions relating to assigned account reconciliation and journal entries.
- Document current processes; identify areas for process improvement and create solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Management Reports, support for finance related issues, and special projects etc.
- Have the ability to generate Ad-hoc reports as required by senior management and assist in the preparation of audit schedules and support.
- Senior Accountant must have the ability to multi-task and maintain multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet various deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Interact with accounts receivable, accounts payable and finance analysts and financial statement generation.
- Perform banking activities that relate to check runs (ACH, wires and positive pay).
B.S. Accounting/finance related
- 5 plus years’ experience
- Excellent Excel skills, including proficient use of Pivot Tables, V-lookup, embedded formulas and the ability to use these skills to automate current processes.
- Strong management/supervisory exposure.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentations
- Candidate will possess a strong business skill set and will have approximately 7 -10 years of experience as a Senior Staff Accountant and/or Finance Manager with experience leading teams.
- The candidate should be timely with respect to work and deadlines, should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and will be able to switch tasks quickly as priorities change.
- Experience in manufacturing environment inclusive of product costing, bills of material, production routing, and inventory control. Ability to interact with senior management is required.
Westport One consistently ranks as one of the top 10 offices within the MRI Network system, which consists of more than 700 offices worldwide.
Our search consultants are Accounting "industry insiders" working specifically with Accounts Payable/Receivable, Staff Accountants, Cost Accountants, Controllers, Accounting Managers, Financial Analysts, Auditors and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) specific positions.
Any inquiries relating to this ad will be kept confidential.
To learn more about our organization please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
To apply for this position, submit your resume by choosing one or more of the following:
- ***CLICKING “APPLY NOW” ON THIS PAGE*** (PREFERRED)
- Fax resume with cover letter to: 314-991-9586. Attention: Kim Carlson. Please refer to job reference code AT/MDacctmanager
NO CALLS PLEASE
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need