If helping others is second nature to you, bring your passion for providing exceptional service to UnitedHealth Group. This position is a great first step in an opportunity to transition to a sales career while watching your contributions help our business grow. You would assist customers with purchasing products that are greatly improving their lives. Performance leads to success and your life’s best work. SM
As a Sales Service Specialist, you will be assisting customers who have already received a quote with any follow up questions they may have as well as to complete their enrollment. In order to support high call volumes from our sales department as well as any new outbound campaigns, the Sales Service Specialist will need to obtain a Life & Health insurance license within 30 days of employment.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 8:00pm Friday, and 9:00am - 5:30pm on Saturdays. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding health and supplementary products including answering plan questions, providing enrollment support, as well as making follow up calls to new and existing customers
- Data entry in order to update our internal database with customer information
- Conduct outbound calls to prospective customers to prescreen sales leads before handing off to the Inside Sales Product Advisors
- When applicable, assist the sales lead by providing a quote to the customer
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma or GED; OR ten years of equivalent work experience
- State health/life license is not required when hired. However, hired individuals must obtain the necessary state health/life licensing within 30 days of employment.
- At least one year of customer service or sales experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM