IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT LEVEL I, II, OR III: $18 to $25 depending on level of experience
Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Identifies, researches and resolves the most complex technical problems. Responds to telephone, email and online requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. Coordinates with other teams or specialists to resolve an issue. May be responsible for the resolution of escalated issues of higher difficulty. May train, coach or assist less experienced team members.
***This role will be filled as an IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT I, II, OR III depending on level and years of experience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include the support of all production and development systems, troubleshooting and resolution of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes ordering, configuring, deploying and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Ensure desktop, laptop and tablet environments are properly updated with new software and hardware patches and ensuring proper anti-malware protection is maintained.
- Generates tickets from inbound calls, emails, walk-in customers, and chat sessions; records detailed progress and resolutions for all tickets accordingly.
- Perform system software upgrades, install service packs and patches as needed.
- Delve into and achieve an understanding of a problem or request to offer the most appropriate possible solution.
- Configure, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers.
- May set-up new users on domain.
- May perform various changes to user accounts via Active Directory.
- Assists in creating and maintaining internal articles and/or documentation.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
- May assist with on-boarding of new users.
- May assist in the training and support for other IT Customer Support levels.
- May assist in creating and maintaining system image for PCs.
- Develop and follow all system change control procedures.
- Share after-hours support with others in the group and the IT Operations group including escalations.
- Regularly work under deadlines.
- Utilize software and hardware tools to identify, diagnose and drive resolution of problems and factors affecting network integrity.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Speak clearly in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
Server (Computer Science)