Position: Environmental Health & Safety (Air Quality)
Location: Amityville, NY ,11701
Duration: 12 Months
The Environmental, Health and Safety Associate will be responsible for assisting the EHS Manager in administration, leadership and oversight of all activities related to the health, safety and environmental programs in accordance with OSHA, federal, state,. The Senior Associate will work with site supervisors and functional areas to ensure employee safety and environmental compliance. The Senior Associate is responsible for job safety assessments, accident investigations, and compliance auditing.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Health and Safety Management System that conforms to internal and external standards and requirements.
• Assist in deploying programs for the prevention and control of environmental health and safety risks, including compliance with air permits, construction permits, solid and hazardous wastes, wastewater operations, release notifications and all environmental reporting requirements.
• Administer day to day EHS management system requirements, such as audits of EHS equipment, assist in emergency drills, monitor waste activities, completion of risk assessments (JSA’s), etc.
• Conduct site wide environmental, health and safety audits and develop appropriate corrective actions, communicate results and follow up on issues or concerns through completion.
• Ensure all environmental, health and safety incidents are promptly reported. Assist in the investigation team, track implementation of correction action plans through completion.
• Participate in review of projects that involve proposed modification of any existing process, equipment or material as well as proposed introduction of any new process, equipment or material to ensure compliance with all general environmental health and safety rules as well as air pollution control, storm water management, RCRA, or other such permitting requirements.
• Assist in site sustainability efforts in line with corporate expectations including waste minimization, energy/carbon reduction efforts, water reduction efforts and wastewater minimization.
• Regularly inform EHS management in assigned area of overall EHS compliance at the site, including outstanding issues, progress on closing gaps, and general areas of weakness.
• Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local and corporate environmental health and safety requirements through participation in professional organizations, professional education and training programs.
• Manage EHS online database input.
• Conduct EHS training per regulatory or corporate objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Experience in preparing Tier II reports, wastewater and storm water reports, and hazardous/residual waste reports.
Air quality permitting and air emissions inventory reporting.
Experience in facilitating Powered Industrial Trucks/Cranes and Hoists training
ASP/CSP/CHMM a plus
Ergonomics assessments and workstation assessments using RULA, Humantech, NIOSH or other industry standard method.
Experience with Gensuite a plus
Bi-lingual (Spanish) speaking a plus
Industrial Hygiene/Indoor Air Quality sampling experience
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.