The Bench Carpenter/Assembler should be able to do the following and have these
Skills and Abilities: to set up and safely use the following tools/machines/materials:
A)Table saws: trim cuts, squaring sheet goods/boards, setting proper saw depth, angled
cuts, and safety procedures
B)Hand routers: installing bits, setting proper depths, test routes and safely use the
C)Hand drills: when and how to use the clutch, ability to properly set a screw
D)Glue: proper application of glue, knowledge/experience with different glue application
techniques and when to use which application technique, different glue types and uses
E)Read and understand blueprints
F)Proper use of a tape measure and the metric system
G)Understand the company’s definition of quality, be able to spot and either fix or
replace a part that is not within quality standards
H)Proper packing of finished goods for shipment
Work Activity: to be able to complete the following:
1) Verify dimensions, and check the quality and fit of pieces in order to ensure
adherence to specifications.
2) Trim, sand, and scrape surfaces and joints to prepare articles for final assembly and
3) Attach parts and subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue,
dowels, nails, screws, and/or clamps.
4) Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels, by hand or using boring machines.
5) Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit,
using hand tools such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
6) Install hardware such as hinges, handles, catches, drawer pulls, and drawer glides
using hand tools.
7) Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting,
following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
8) Perform final touch-ups with sandpaper, filler crayons, and cleaning materials.
9) Produce and assemble components of articles such as store fixtures, office
equipment, cabinets, and high-grade furniture.
10)Properly pack and prepare goods for shipment via LTL trucks
- Elevate woodworking skills to manufacture custom and designer fixtures and cabinetry
- Using materials such as wool, cotton, canvas, and leather
- Finishing the edges of custom shower doors
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Operate table saw and miter box making minimal cut for custom fixtures
- Install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls
- Make cut lists and build custom wedges, merchandisers, and fillers
- Pull stock, custom framepacks, glass and drips
- Provide assistance with other projects or products
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work
- Assist in the installation of wooden shelving
- Performing a variety of entry-level tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Work as a BSI team with the end result of meeting the customer's expectations
- Exceed the customer's expectations while supporting the delivery of a quality product on time
- Assist in others areas of production as required by the business
- Exceed the production standards for the position