To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Promotable Candidate a must • Houston, TX
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
OVERVIEW: This is a very visible position with a significant role within the Division and the manufacturing group. Promotability a key.
- Reviews daily operation of the production areas and performs process troubleshooting to maintain capacity operation as required.
- Identifies and implements projects for cost savings and long-term resolution of operational problems. Serves as Area Representative on some projects.
- Performs process optimization to maximize quality and minimize operating costs.
- Performs day-to-day yield improvement and process performance monitoring to assure maximum production output.
- Works with process operators, engineers, supervisors, specialists and other site personnel to develop, implement, and improve unit operations within the plant.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance department to schedule and plan daily work orders and unit shutdowns.
- Works with the Production Manager and other department staff to establish annual departmental goals and objectives for the site’s production areas.
- Coordinates and/or participates on quality and process improvement teams and serves as Area Representative for projects/tests to be done in the process area.
- Utilizes statistical methods for process optimization to maintain and improve quality/yields and to detect problems that may result in reduced rates and product quality non-compliance.
- Participates in other Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Chemical Engineering degree and chemical plant manufacturing experience is required.
- Prior continuous unit experience with an emphasis in distillation would be a plus.
- Experience with capital improvement projects desired.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- The ability to interface well with employees and management.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you. We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at www.searchenterprises.com to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.