Assists the resident by performing various tasks relating to nutrition, housekeeping and/or activities. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
- Arranges and prepares dining room area(s) for meals.
- Assists in preparing and serving meals, documenting meal/snack intake, and maintaining sufficient inventories of food and supplies.
- Responds to residents’ requests, needs or concerns in a timely manner.
- Comprehends and follows menus and diet cards taking into consideration resident food preferences, allergies and consistencies.
- Buses tables, washes, sanitizes and stores dishes.
- Cleans and sanitizes working, serving and dining areas including appliances.
- Properly handles the use and storage of chemicals, supplies and cleaning equipment.
- Documents food, dishwasher, and refrigerator temperatures, reporting any variations to supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates resident or family concerns to the appropriate department(s).
- May perform various housekeeping tasks, assist residents during activities, and/or escort residents throughout the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in food service and/or customer service preferred.
Principles Of Sanitation
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Ascension Living is a Mission-driven healthcare provider deeply connected to our Catholic faith that cares for the physical, mental, spiritual and social wellbeing of all individuals we serve. Our Mission calls us to provide spiritually centered, holistic care to seniors, particularly those most in need.
We offer a wide range of programs tailored to meet the unique needs of older adults. Regardless of each individual’s stage in life, our goal is to provide seniors with opportunities designed to make their lives joyful, enriching and satisfying.
We are honored to carry on the Mission of Ascension Health’s religious sponsors, the Daughters of Charity, Congregation of St. Joseph, Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother and Alexian Brothers, who have been caring for the elderly, infirm and impoverished for centuries. Their noble heritage is embraced by Ascension Living and serves as the foundation for our national Ministry.
View the full profile