The NoSQL Database Administrator provides technical delivery expertise for NoSQL Database solutions that meet business needs while maintaining design integrity and adhering to best practices and Ally information technology, security and compliance policies and procedures.
The NoSQL Database Administrator will be responsible for design, development, deployment, and maintenance of NoSQL database systems. Experience and knowledge of NoSQL solutions including MongoDB is essential. The candidate will work closely with Management, Technical Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Solution Architects, other Security Engineers to provide solutions for deploying, managing, and supporting NoSQL database systems. Responsible for resolving issues, mitigating risks, and escalating issues/risks when appropriate. The employee will work with Business Partners, IT Peers and Vendors to identify operational efficiencies and strategic roadmaps in continued refinement of best in class operations. Job Responsibilities
- Strong Communication and Organization skills.
- Design, Deploy, and Sustain non-relational (NoSQL) persistence technologies (MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, HBase, Riak, Dynamo).
- Suggest appropriate alternative persistence technology solutions (NoSQL) where data use case dictates.
- Recommends High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for NoSQL technologies.
- Performance tuning and monitoring of deployed NoSQL solutions.
- Provide transparency to stakeholders and senior management team; manage expectations and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Possess knowledge of general IT infrastructure, networking, and distributed application architecture.
- Implements automation, orchestration and self-service tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business and executives.
- Assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Consulting/Problem Solving -- ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical and business problems, develop, and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Participate in incident triage for quick resolution.
- Address security vulnerability remediation and patch deployment.
- BS and 5+ years or equivalent capabilities.
- Expert understanding of non-relational (NoSQL) persistence technologies (MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, HBase, Riak, Dynamo).
- Experience deploying NoSQL technology, such as MongoDB, at scale in a multi-data center solution.
- Experienced with backup strategies for sharded deployments.
- Experience with MongoDB Ops Manager a plus.
- Familiar with software development life cycle and an exposure to various current software development methodology approaches (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid).
- Experience with database specific DevOps methodologies and CI/CD process.
- Experience with orchestration and self-service tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience in incident management, root cause analysis and resolving production application issues with both short term and long term solutions.
- Ability to deliver quality solutions to customers and develop process improvements where applicable.
- Customer Focus -- proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn complexities of system.