To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- BIRMINGHAM, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Counter Sales Associate - Retail - Parts Sales
Baker Distributing Company • BIRMINGHAM, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Be a disruptor. Join the most talented team in the industry.
You may be asking yourself, “Why would I want to work in HVAC? That sounds pretty boring.” Guess what? Baker Distributing Company is not only one of the largest distributors of HVAC, refrigeration and food service equipment, but we are disrupting the distribution industry every single day as we transform our company into a world-class supply chain - and that is far from boring.
At Baker, we are utilizing emerging technologies and innovations to diversify our portfolio and our service offerings.
People are the core of our business – those that work for us (our employees), those that work with us (our suppliers and vendors) and those that we work for (our customers). While some of our employees are the most experienced in the industry, we are always seeking new talent with fresh ideas to help us utilize emerging technologies to deliver the best-in-class customer experience. If you have a keen sense of respect – for yourself and others; an unfaltering devotion to integrity; the drive to provide consistency; the tenacity to strive for excellence; and embody the spirit of teamwork, we would love to talk with you.
Company Website: http:www.bakerdist.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Baker Distributing will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Baker Distributing Branch or contact Human Resources.
The Counter Sales Associate is responsible for our sales counter at one of our established wholesale HVAC distributorships that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to provide strong customer service in a sales oriented setting.
Company Website: http:www.bakerdist.com
- Interact with internal and outside sales people, vendors and contractors.
- Responsible for showroom merchandising and re-stocking product.
- Assist in resolving customer relations problems with both dealers and end users.
- Complete sales order process for customers with efforts to up-sell associated items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1+ year experience in a Counter Sales role, preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Experience in a wholesale HVAC equipment supply house preferred.
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- Proven success in sales and providing excellent customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills including sales, problem solving and customer service focus absolutely required.
- Ability to work independently, but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with skills to multi-task on different levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Founded in 1945, Baker offers employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Our leaders of today are Warehouse workers and Counter Sales employees of yesterday.
We want your help in creating an environment where you can become the leaders of tomorrow, where you can contribute every day to the successes of your store and the organization. Where your talent and hard-work are recognized and rewarded.
Our Commitment to You
- Merit based pay
- Counter Commission Program
- Quarterly Incentive Program
- Management Bonus Structure
- PTO (up to 26 days)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- HSA with Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase
We are an EEO/ Drug Free Work Place employer.
Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job description.