As a Senior BI Developer you will be part of a team that participates on projects for new development of BI and Reporting and provides support services for financial applications.
The BI Senior Developer will take high-level direction from a BI IT Manager, but will be expected to work with the business owner directly to participate in requirements gathering sessions, design, code and implement solutions that best fit the financial applications. A hands-on role will be required as needed for projects, enhancements and support of current Financial Reporting applications.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent demonstrated skills in Microsoft BI Technology stack including SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS.
- Proficient in SQL Server, T-SQL and SSIS.
- Relational and Multi-dimensional modeling with knowledge of BI Best practices
- Good knowledge on Database concepts and Data modelling.
- Ability to understand and formally document business process requirements as well as technology concepts (multiple platforms) , should be able to create Business Requirement documents, Technical Design documents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in systems analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, yet be a strong team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Advanced analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability
- Detail-oriented, motivated, results-driven self-starter that takes initiative
- Rotate on a daily/nightly support
- Must be able to participate in a rotating on-call schedule and mentor team members
- At least 4 years of total software development experience
- At least 4 years of experience with the following: SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS)
- 4 -5 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS technologies will be a big plus.
- Financial knowledge will be an added advantage.
Data Warehousing And Business Intelligence (Dwbi)
Attention To Detail
Sql Server Reporting Services
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2920
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Dimensional Thinking is a global staffing firm that provides a network of strategic partnership in the Technology, Finance, Accounting, Sales and Marketing domains. We advocate for both companies and candidates, using a process of discovery that grants us a full understanding their respective needs. We believe that going below the surface is key to connecting the right talent with the right organization.
View the full profile
With an extensive background in IT, Finance, Accounting, Sales, and Marketing, our deep familiarity with the specific challenges and dynamics of these fields enables us to make more ideal matches for the organizations who work with us. To identify the most suitable, goal-driven candidates, we focus on all dimensions of the individual, from knowledge and aptitude to personality and character. Our strategic, client-centric staffing process is essential to matching each particular candidate’s abilities and sensibilities to the global companies which afford the highest opportunity of success to all concerned.
Simply put, we match the right talent to the right opportunities, ensuring successful outcomes for all our clientele.