To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Watsonville, CA 95076
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
FOX Factory, Inc. • Watsonville, CA
Posted 1 month ago
FOX Factory, Inc. - Manufacturing Engineer- Watsonville, CA (95076)
About the Company:
If you have a passion and a drive to be the best, we have a great opportunity for you! FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in Watsonville, CA 95076 has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer available. This is a full-time opportunity that comes with outstanding benefits.
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Specific Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer include but are not limited to:
· Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
· Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
· Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
· Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
· Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
· Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
· Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
· Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
· Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
· Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
· Maintains product and process data base by entering data.
· Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications of the Manufacturing Engineer:
· Requires a Bachelor’s in industrial, mechanical, or electrical engineering.
· Must be well-versed in Hardware and Software Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information,
· Must be able to read blue prints, understand engineering drawings and have basic proficiency working within AutoCAD.
· Experience in APQP, PFMEA, continuous improvement methodology and other Automotive Tools.
· Experience in supporting new manufacturing operations as well as product transfers is preferred.
We look forward to hearing from you!