JT4 is conducting a national search for a PCB Designer for our facility at Edwards Air Force Base in Lancaster / Palmdale, California.
Provides senior level CAE support at the project level for various engineering sections preparing designs, working drawings, cost analysis and feasibility in the exploitation of mechanical and electronic systems. Working efforts have an impact on the adequacy and capabilities of design to include safety, economy, efficiency, types and systems to be developed or installed.
- Works independently to provide design coordination and direction for major projects and/or product development.
- Works from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions to design, develop and create complex electromechanical designs, products and system exploitation.
- Collaborates with engineering staff to interpret design concepts; the employee performs original design work and may be given complete responsibility for large complex design projects.
- Performs complex calculations and works with advanced FEA data sets to verify specifications, size/material selection and overall design parameters.
- Performs a high degree of visualization, motion analysis, and simulation to insure functionality as required.
- Specifies components with a broad understanding of design requirements, objectives and availability.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, materials, interchangeability, replaceability, serviceability, tooling and equipment. Makes studies of concept feasibility, manufacturing options and costing estimates.
- Reviews work in progress to ensure conformance with plans and makes recommendations as to the suitability of new processes, methods.
- Evaluates results, prepares operational reports, and recommends changes in procedures.
- Makes studies of concept feasibility, manufacturing options and costing estimates. Reviews work in progress to ensure conformance with plans and makes recommendations as to the suitability of new processes and methods.
- Studies engineering texts, periodicals, manufacture's publications and other technical material to obtain pertinent data and specifications for design development.
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to lower level designers and drafting personnel, coordinating, assigning and checking their work.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
- Design PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) 2-16 layers. Generate schematics.
- Generate PCB layouts.
- Coordinate PCB design work with electrical engineers Create and manage part library.
- Generate Gerber file and interface with PCB vendors.
- Prepare Bill of Materials, assembly drawing and other documents for PCB production.
- Understand PCB assembly.
- Occasional lifting (up to 30 pounds), constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Travel to remote working locations may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, drafting or an engineering field or equivalent work experience.
- 14 years of design experience. Design experience can be a combination of direct design experience, advance design drafting, or schooling.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working at an engineering level as a technical authority or project leader.
- Must demonstrate a professional mastery of design principles and concepts applicable to a full range of engineering duties and the ability to apply advanced engineering practices and methods to perform complex design work such as the specification of materials, components, finishes, fasteners, practical fabrication techniques and a working knowledge of mechanisms and prime movers.
- Experience in Mentor Graphics PADS Software (Logic and Layout), Altium, and OrCAD.
- Knowledge of the following standards: IPC 6012, IPC 2221, IPC 600, MIL-PRF-55110. SolidWorks, CAM350 and PCB Blueprint experience a plus.
- Design work requires individual creativity and the application of a broad skill set of advanced drafting tools such as: CAD modeling, visualization, CAM workflow and Finite Element Analysis.
- Must also be knowledgeable of all MIL-SPEC/STDs.
- Must be proficient in using computer equipment, CCM measuring tools and prototyping routines.
- Must possess expert level oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Must qualify for, maintain a government security clearance, and possess a current state issued driver’s license.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing