Kilfrost, Inc. is part of the Kilfrost Group PLC based in the UK. We are a leader in industry specific formulated chemical products is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Sales Representative to join our team. The position will be responsible for selling our innovative, disruptive, Low Viscosity family of products.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Food and Beverage refrigeration and chiller systems plus related applications that use secondary heat transfer fluids. They will be expected to deliver new opportunities through targeted calling, supported by the Senior VP - the Americas. They will also be expected to support the company at appropriate exhibitions and industry conferences.
The main requirement is for a reliable understanding of the detail of the products being sold, and to translate this knowledge into both opportunities for customer sales plus feedback of any technical requirements for newer product variants or problem solving. The technical/scientific/engineering dialogue is therefore a key capability but will be extensively supported by the Speciality Fluids Technical Manager.
The person selected will be home-based with extensive travel throughout the U.S. and they will be required to be in our South Florida office on a monthly basis. We prefer candidates based in the Midwest/Northeast U.S. The initial period would require the candidate to be in the U.K. factory for a two-week training period which will be augmented by additional and continuous in-role training.
The position comes with a package that will consist of a base salary, commensurate with the experience and skills that the candidate can bring to the role. A commission package will also be included. Based on agreed sales targets, the scale of the commission package will be linked to the base salary.
- 4-6 years experience in sales/marketing function with a demonstrated progression of increased responsibility. Previous food and beverage operations experience a plus.
- Strategic understanding of the Food and Beverage applications where our LV products will be valuable. Industries include bakery, dairy, bottling, meat processing, etc.
- Ability to communicate with engineers on technical specifications for new projects in a manner that will put Kilfrost in an advantageous position when the project is bid
- Ability to interface with consultant principals, lead engineers, as well as Facility Engineers at plants and companies in related industries
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills. Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, including consultant or end-users.
- Presentation and training skills
- Initiative and self-management skills
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences
- Ability to travel extensively
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Complex Problem Solving