To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Angelica Wood
- Phone: 571-581-6057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Construction Project Manager
RealStreet • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We currently have a great assignment for a Construction Project Manager with one of our top clients. As a Construction Project Manager, you will be supporting our client, a program management firm focused on both large K-12 renovation and new construction projects. This position is a long-term opportunity based in the District of Columbia.
The Construction Project Manager leads a project team that will perform implementation activities for large-scale K-12 Programs. Deliverables for implementation assignments may include stakeholder engagements, construction monitoring, site visits, budget management, project documentation, public approvals and permitting, architecture and engineering solicitation management, schedule monitoring, account management and quality control. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Supporting Senior Project Manager and Project Executive within a large-scale program with the management of a portfolio of assignments serving as client's "trusted advisor" focused on achievement of project goals for schedule, budget and quality, and providing critical thinking and analyses to ensure quality client advice
- Taking full-management responsibility for medium to large-scale assignments of over $25MM in total project cost
- Directing or developing client deliverables including written reports, presentations, budgets, schedules and programs that are tailored to meet client's desired outcomes and scope requirements
- Coordinating and directing the day-to-day activities of assigned project staff, both internal and external (JV partners, subcontractors, architects, and builders) to achieve project goals and objectives
- Participating in staff development, mentoring and training under project manager's direction in addition to providing input on annual performance reviews for those staff
- Directing or developing monthly client billings and ensures timely collection of receivables, if applicable
- Participating in business development (farming) activities, to include:
- Serving as the client's "trusted advisor" thus focused on additional services and repeat projects
- Participating in strategic planning for respective operating group, attending farming meetings, developing proposal materials and attending interviews
- Presenting to students, industry groups or conferences, and developing thought-leadership materials with an eye towards being viewed as a "visible expert" in respective industry market
- Under direction of Group Leader and sphere leadership, participating in the advancement of quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) and training programs for the sphere, targeted at consistent review and improvement of industry-specific methodologies and practices
- Performing additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to client’s continued growth
- Potentially directing the work of analysts or other team members on a project-by-project basis
Specific qualifications for the Construction Project Manager role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Specialization in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Real Estate Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years managing multiple large-scale construction projects simultaneously, preferably within K-12 vertical, required
- Professional experience in K-12 Program Management, Construction Management or Owner’s Representative capacity highly preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Excellent team and project leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking abilities
- Understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction and ethical business practices
- Proven adaptability, flexibility and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure
- Aptitude and desire for mentoring and training team members
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!