To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Auto Field Appraiser
Loya Insurance Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AUTO FIELD APPRAISER
Fred Loya Insurance was established in 1974 and has grown to be one of the Largest Hispanic Top 500 Owned and Operated Companies in the United States.
Our commitment to providing fast, dependable service and competitive rates for general auto insurance has made us one of the fastest growing auto insurance groups with over 500 agencies throughout Texas, California, New Mexico, Colorado, Illinois, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada.
Our claims office has an immediate opening for an Auto Field Appraiser. In this role the employee will be responsible for completing vehicle damage estimates. Auto Appraiser ensures the estimates are accurate and in accordance with the terms of Loya Insurance’s physical damage standards and state regulations. The Auto Appraiser works with the repair facilities to obtain a meaningful agreed price on repairs and estimated time of completion/delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures proper vehicle tear down
- Determine repair time allotments and required labor operations
- Makes accurate repair/replace decisions
- Assess and applies pre-existing damage, completes accurate total loss evaluations
- Negotiates agreed price with shop decision maker and sets time bound expected completion date per Loya insurance standards
- Review and assess the validity of all supplement request
- Proactively provides customers with information regarding their vehicle’s cost of repair estimate and explains claims/repair process
- Maintains accurate vehicle’s cost of repair estimate and explains claims/repair process
- Completes timely estimates, supplements, and inspections
- Negotiates advanced fees for tow, tear down, and storage on all vehicles that are determined to a financial total loss at a repair facility or tow yard
- Adhere to our fleet policy
- Provide extraordinary customer service to all parties involved in the claims process
- Other duties as assigned by management or as needed.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience includes work as a claims adjuster, property damage adjuster, or repair work within automobile repair and/or body shop
- High School diploma; Degree or college coursework is a plus
- CCC One experience
- Must have a clean background and driving record
- Computer software knowledge
- Texas adjuster license or willing to obtain
We are committed to our employees and offer competitive wages, incentives, and an excellent benefit package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plan and several voluntary benefits that can be selected based on individual needs. In addition, we offer paid Vacation Time, Sick time, and several paid Holidays. We are an equal opportunity employer.