Under the general direction of the IT Technical Services Manager and according to established Firm policies and procedures, the Support Analyst is responsible for providing efficient and timely delivery of Level 2 desktop support in a Windows 10 networked environment consisting of 300+ users. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent and two or more years technology-related experience preferably in a large legal or professional services firm; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency working with the Firm's application software suite which includes, but is not limited to. MS Office 2010, Outlook 2010, VMWare, Citrix, iManage, SCCM Remote, iPhone and Android devices. "Hands on" experience and knowledge of MS Windows 7 administrative/support tools. Active Directory, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP. DHCP, and DNS preferred.
- Proactive, with the ability to identify, define, and analyze detailed support issues and problems, and to recommend and implement solutions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of desktop support in a Windows 7 networked environment in order to provide technical assistance and problem resolution to the various Firm applications and systems.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based upon results of research.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and training to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients. In addition, maintain effective relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, scanner, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute technology-system-related items, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position because after-hours support may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a normal office environment with moderate exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, and requirements. This position description may be modified in the future as necessary.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.