At Affinity Health Group, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Affinity is currently looking for a Clinic PA/NP to work from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Job Summary: The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively with physicians to provide health supervision and promotion, diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up. To improve our patients’ quality of life and to facilitate optimal health outcomes through cost- effective healthcare, the Nurse Practitioner will manage and diagnose patients’ acute and chronic illnesses and emphasize the importance of disease prevention.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs physical examinations assessing, diagnosing, treating, managing, evaluating, and monitoring acute and chronic illnesses and administers preventative health services within prescribed guidelines and under instructions of the collaborating physician
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Prescribes and dispenses pharmaceuticals, evaluates outcomes, and dictates changes in management levels of therapeutics
- Prescribes or recommends forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy or related therapeutic procedures
- Makes referrals to health professionals, specialists, other clinics, and community agencies
- Performs minor surgeries and procedures
- Maintains accurate and confidential medical records on all patients in a systematic format approved by Affinity Health Group. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education referrals and consultations
- Ensures that patient records are kept confidential consistent with Affinity Health Group’s policies and procedures and HIPAA standards. Monitors HIPAA compliance within the work environment
- Participates in quality improvement, daily huddles, and other patient care programs established by clinic requirements (e.g. health coaching, motivational interviewing, screening for depression and substance abuse)
- Assists in educating patients in disease management, address barriers to patient goals, navigating the health care system, and connect with community resources for assistance
- Assists/instructs other health care employees in the management of patient care
- Assist in reviewing and updating Affinity Health Group policies and procedures
- May participate as a preceptor and role model for Nurse Practitioner students
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master of Science degree in Nursing and relevant Nurse Practitioner training/certification
- Current, unrestricted, and active Nurse Practitioner license in Louisiana
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to make decisions based on established policies and procedures
- Works under general supervision of the attending Physician and Director of Clinical Services
Overtime will be occasionally required
Exposure to communicable diseases, blood, and other bodily fluids
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up over 75 pounds.
Basic Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Basic Cardiac Life Support