Johnson Service Group is recruiting for an experienced, Civil Engineer, for a direct hire position in Orlando, FL. Serving the entire state of Florida, our client provides quality Civil Engineering, Surveying, and Transportation Planning services to private, federal, state, county, and municipal clients.
The candidate should have technical and management experience dealing with teams on a variety of projects including production coordination, planning, organizing, controlling, financial management, and directing the work of other engineering professionals, leading plan preparation and development efforts as the Engineer of Record. (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status Required.)
- Manage land development projects including site and/or drainage design.
- Prepare and review preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
- Provide Quality Control for Land Design Projects.
- Manage the preparation of engineering reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
- Conceive, plan and conduct research in complex problem areas.
- Supervise and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State and County officials and other outside agencies.
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Minimum of 5 years Florida land development with site and/or drainage design experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required
- Hard working, detail oriented, and technically sound with engineering principles & practices
- Permitting experience with local, state and federal agencies and governmental entities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills